Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart – William Wordsworth.
WELCOME TO THE SACRED PAGE
Are you ready to come home to yourself through words – the words of others, and the words you share within the sacred pages of your journal?
Take a journey of gentle self-exploration: The sacred pages of your journal are a place where you can make sense of your thoughts and your feelings, where you can make sense of the world. They’re a place where you can find comfort and healing, explore your beliefs, unearth ideas and inspiration and connect with your inner guidance.
Be inspired by other people’s words – connect more deeply with yourself through journaling your own.
I’ve kept a journal of some description ever since I was a teenager. Journaling helped me through some lonely teenage years when I was being bullied. It was my constant companion when I moved to London alone. It was the place I finally understood that I was the only one who could close the wounds from my divorce; nobody else could do that for me. Writing down my feelings and thoughts saved my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but I don’t believe it’s an overstatement. Journaling is how I continue to make sense of what’s in my head – and what’s in my heart. I am my truest self in my journal; there is no public persona, only the naked truth of who I am reflected back at me.
I believe in the power of the sacred page – because I believe in the incredible power of words: The words that form our thoughts and the words of others, too.
In this 40-day e-course I share positive daily mantras, a collection of my own personal essays and beautiful quotes to inspire you. Plus journaling prompts designed to help you explore your own feelings and thoughts on the daily theme and even more importantly, set you on your path to a regular journaling practice. Begin a journey of gentle self-exploration; discover the power of sharing your thoughts and feelings with the sacred page. This is at the heart of why I created this e-course and called it The Sacred Page. I believe journaling is a powerful tool and anywhere you write words that are meaningful to you should be considered sacred.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN FROM DOING THIS:
- A stronger sense of self: Who you are and what you want. A deeper, more honest awareness of the life you want to be living.
- A simple way to make sense of your thoughts and your feelings that you can practice anywhere, anytime.
- An understanding of the incredible power of journaling; this is the start of a delicious, on-going practice of turning inward, asking questions of yourself and listening to your inner guidance for answers.
- Start your day on a positive note with mantras and words of encouragement – an antidote to ‘the news’ and social media.
- A subtle shift in your thinking: Make changes from a place of love and self-belief rather than from a place of lack and doubt.
- Actionable steps as determined by you through the journaling prompts – words are far more powerful when followed by action.
- A ‘course that’s not a course’ – there are no set beginning and end dates, there are no wrong answers when it comes to working through the journaling prompts. And definitely no falling behind and therefore no pressure to ‘catch up’. Take what resonates with you, and leave the rest.
- 40 Days of inspirational emails on a daily theme delivered straight to your in-box. As soon as you sign up you’ll receive a ‘Welcome’ email and then Day One will arrive the next morning at 06.00am UK time and each consecutive morning at the same time until the 40 days is complete.
- Each email contains a daily mantra* (or positive affirmation, if you prefer that term!) along with an accompanying personal essay by me, and some inspirational quotes – all based on a daily theme.
- Journaling prompts designed to help you explore your own thoughts and feelings on the daily theme and set you on your path to a regular journaling practice. (Daily mantras are a wonderful way to create subtle shifts in your thinking, but words are far more powerful when followed by action. The journal prompts help you consider what some of those actions might be).
- A private Facebook group where we can connect and chat. Journaling is normally a solitary endeavour so I want to create a community where we can share our personal experiences and the transformations that can happen when we take the time to get our thoughts and feelings down on the page. Don’t worry – you’re not expected to share anything you write. Your journal is a private, sacred place – although if there’s something you wish to share, you’re welcome to, of course. Also, joining the Facebook group is optional as this e-course is delivered directly to your in-box.
- Any additional resources I might share in the Facebook group will also be made available on a secret page on this site, which you’ll be able to access easily via a link on your daily email.
- Each email has been created with the previous one in mind so they build upon each other.
- All you need is access to the Internet, a notebook to use as a journal and a pen you actually like writing with (none of those inky, messy ballpoints, thanks!). My advice? Buy yourself a really beautiful journal if you don’t already own one. It may sound like a small thing, but it will make your practice so much more enjoyable.
*Quite simply, a daily mantra is an easy way to create subtle shifts in your thinking. Having said that, for mantras to be truly effective, they can’t be contrived. Whilst scientific research proves that positive thinking works, I believe false optimism does more harm than good. We shouldn’t try to override our doubts and fears and resist how we’re really feeling with words that don’t ring true. I’ve carefully selected the 40 mantras with this in mind but also: Take what resonates with you, and leave the rest.
WHAT IT IS:
- A sequence of emails full of positive and uplifting words: Daily mantras, personal essays and lots of beautiful and inspirational quotes – perfect for anyone who loves reading and all things words! Even if you only read the daily emails, you would still get something of value from this e-course.
- Journaling prompts to help you create a regular journaling practice and begin exploring your own thoughts and feelings and documenting them on the sacred page – some prompts are as simple as asking you to write a list. To be honest, at the risk of pointing out the obvious with patronising questions that completely ignore the complexities of our lived experience, the prompts have been designed for complete beginners who have no idea where to start. However, they could also be ideal for anyone who has written in a journal sporadically in the past and wants to return to journaling.
WHAT IT’S NOT:
- This is not a false promise of a magic pill or an empty claim that I can revolutionise your entire life. It’s simply a lot of wordy things that have helped me – that continue to help me – to have the courage to live a life true to myself, rather than the life I’m expected to live.
- This is not an e-course with structured lessons that require you complete each lesson in sequence. It’s this simple: Each day for 40 consecutive days at 06:00am UK time an email will arrive in your in-box. Read the mantra, the essay and the quotes contained in the email. Repeat the mantra throughout the day. Work through the writing prompts that speak the most loudly to you and do so at your own pace, if you prefer.
Click the ‘buy now’ button below and you’ll be led through a process to make the payment. Once confirmed, you’ll receive a ‘Welcome’ email. If you have any questions or experience any weird technology issues (although please do check your spam folder before writing to say you’re not receiving your daily emails!), then please email me at email@example.com and I’ll respond within 72 hours.
Please note: I’m usually based in London, UK but I’m currently working out of Southeast Asia for several months, so please do bear that in mind whilst you wait for a reply – I always respond as quickly as I can!
Please invest with intention: No refunds will be given.
*Want to pay for this in another currency? No problem. Your currency is automatically converted when you make the payment. To check the current exchange rate, you can find an online currency converter here.
*Want to purchase this for someone as a gift? Please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can help you arrange this!